Lightform - Backend Software Engineer
At Lightform, we are building the first computer made for projected AR, which can seamlessly mix real objects with projected light. It's augmented reality without the headset. Just connect Lightform to any projector and instantly create magical experiences with light. Our team previously invented Microsoft’s IllumiRoom, Bot & Dolly’s Box, DAQRI’s AR HMD and Disney’s AIREAL.
You will own the design and development of our cloud backend. You will have control over the web technology and platforms that we use, and won’t be tethered to legacy frameworks. You should thrive defining the architecture of solutions from scratch, and then tackling problems of scaling in a fast paced development cycle.
- Collaborate with the product and engineering teams to determine the implementation of our cloud features.
- Design and implement web services that will be consumed by our software.
- Design and implement data management systems.
- Document your work for the rest of the team.
- Ensure your work is robust, scalable, and secure.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering and architecture experience.
- Skilled in developing and debugging Java and/or C/C++.
- Previous distributed system experience implementing HTTP-based web services in Java, Scala, Python, C/C++ and/or Go.
- Previous data design experience using a relational or NoSQL database such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, and/or Cassandra.
- Experience with Unix, and running a website in a Unix environment.
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Experience with container-based deployments and orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes.
- Experience deploying to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with git.
- Experience with Internet of Things/networked devices.
- Experience with front-end web development.
- Shape the direction, workflow, efficiency, and culture of the company.
- Own the direction and impact of your work.
- Become part of the best team you’ve ever worked with.
- Passionate, close-knit, hard-working, transparent, and down-to-earth culture.
- Be creative and play with all the coolest AR/VR gadgets.
- Stock options, medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Work in a gorgeous office in the SoMa district of San Francisco.
- Startup stuff: unlimited vacation, cereal bar, lattes, fancy headphones, dog friendly office