AR Startup - Computer Graphics / Vision Engineer
At Lightform, we are building the first computer made for projected AR, which can seamlessly mix real objects with projected light. It's augmented reality without the headset. Just connect Lightform to any projector and instantly create magical experiences with light. Our team previously invented Microsoft’s IllumiRoom, Bot & Dolly’s Box, DAQRI’s AR HMD and Disney’s AIREAL.
As a computer vision & graphics engineer, you will be developing the core technology for our projected AR content creation software. You will implement known research techniques with a few small twists, and invent publish worthy results to completely novel problems. You will work with a lean team of world-class PhDs in computer vision, graphics and human computer interaction. You will have the opportunity to work independently and in small teams and will have significant creative control over your project. You should be able and willing to learn new languages/platforms if necessary and tackle difficult and ill-defined problems daily.
- Peer-reviewed academic publications and patents in computer vision/computer graphics
- Experience using computer vision or robotics toolkits (e.g. OpenCV/PCL/etc), including modern learning frameworks (Torch/TensorFlow/Caffe/etc)
- Experience with modern OpenGL/DirectX
- Industry experience productizing, testing and shipping applications to end-users
- C/C++ (STL, C++11 and beyond, boost), including debugging tools
- MS/PhD in Computer Science
Bonus points for experience with:
- Game engines (Unity, Unreal, custom engines)
- Desktop UI Toolkits (Qt)
- Agile development
- Shape the direction, workflow, efficiency, and culture of the company.
- Own the direction and impact of your work.
- Become part of the best team you’ve ever worked with.
- Passionate, close-knit, hard-working, transparent, and down-to-earth culture.
- Be creative and play with all the coolest AR/VR gadgets.
- Stock options, medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Gorgeous office in the SoMa district of San Francisco.
- Fresh produce from the in-office vertical garden
- Startup stuff: unlimited vacation, cereal bar, lattes, fancy headphones, dog friendly office.