AR Startup - Creative Coder/Technologist
At Lightform, we are building the first computer made for projected AR, which can seamlessly mix real objects with projected light. It's augmented reality without the headset. Just connect Lightform LF1 to any projector and instantly create magical AR experiences with light. Our team previously invented Microsoft’s IllumiRoom, Bot & Dolly’s Box, DAQRI’s AR HMD and Disney’s AIREAL.
As a Creative Coder / Creative Technologist at Lightform, you will be working on our “instant magic effects” within our content creation software. Using computer vision and procedural graphics, Lightform uses the color and depth data of a scene to generate compelling AR content on real world objects with a few clicks. These effects are driven by real-time shaders, particle systems and lighting effects.
At Lightform, you will own the artistic direction and the majority of the implementation for our instant magic effects, which will in turn be used by thousands of users to create compelling projected AR experiences. You will work closely alongside our CTO and desktop software engineering team, owning a significant part of the application’s road map.
This is a part-time / full-time contracting position starting immediately with the possibility of converting in a full-time salaried employee.
- C/C++ (STL, boost), including debugging tools
- Shaders (GLSL)
- Game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, custom engines)
- Real-time game engine VFX (particle systems, lighting and rendering)
- Creative coding frameworks (e.g. openframeworks, cinder, touch designer, processing)
Bonus points for experience with:
- Low level graphics (OpenGL)
- Computer vision or robotics toolkits (e.g. OpenCV, PCL)
- Desktop UI Toolkits (specifically Qt)
- Agile development
- GPU General computing (CUDA)
- Industry experience productizing, testing and shipping applications to end-users
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Shape the direction, workflow, efficiency, and culture of the company.
- Own the direction and impact of your work.
- Learn how startups work, on someone else’s dime.
- Become part of the best team you’ve ever worked with.
- Passionate, close-knit, hard-working, transparent, and down-to-earth culture.
- Be creative and play with all the coolest AR/VR gadgets.
- Stock options, medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Gorgeous office in the SoMa district of San Francisco.
- Startup stuff: unlimited vacation, cereal bar, lattes, fancy headphones, dog friendly office.