Lightform - Sr. Software Engineer - Desktop Applications (C/C++)
At Lightform, we are building the first computer made for projected AR, which can seamlessly mix real objects with projected light. It's augmented reality without the headset. Just connect Lightform to any projector and instantly create magical experiences with light. Our team previously invented Microsoft’s IllumiRoom, Bot & Dolly’s Box, DAQRI’s AR HMD and Disney’s AIREAL.
As a senior software engineer at Lightform, you will be working on our desktop projected AR content creation software. We have a top-notch team that has created beta versions of our software, and now we need to iterate, optimize and productize code, while simultaneously adding new features from our roadmap. You will have the opportunity to work both independently and in small teams, and you will have significant creative control over your projects/teams. As a small company, you'll need to be able to context switch quickly and handle a variety of problems (not just on desktop, and not even always related to engineering!).
- 3+ years of industry experience productizing, testing and shipping applications to end-users
- C/C++ (STL, C++11 and beyond, boost), including debugging tools
- Desktop UI Toolkits (specifically Qt)
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Agile development
- Unit testing and experience with CI
Bonus points for experience with:
- Mobile application (iOS/Android) experience
- Experience with modern web services
- Computer vision or robotics toolkits (e.g. OpenCV, PCL)
- Game engines (Unity, Unreal, custom engines)
- Computer graphics (OpenGL/DirectX and shader languages)
- Video encoding / decoding
- Shape the direction, workflow, efficiency, and culture of the company.
- Own the direction and impact of your work.
- Become part of the best team you’ve ever worked with.
- Passionate, close-knit, hard-working, transparent, and down-to-earth culture.
- Be creative and play with all the coolest AR/VR gadgets.
- Stock options, medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Gorgeous office in the SoMa district of San Francisco.
- Startup stuff: unlimited vacation, cereal bar, lattes, fancy headphones, dog friendly office.